Diaphonia Edizioni, in collaboration with XelmYa+ trio, is proud to announce the winners of call for score 2017.
We received lots of score and all of a high quality level, so it was a hard work for jury to select the winner score.
And the winners are:
Olga Victorova – De tenebris for alto recorder, english horn and violin
Wil Pertz – Dark energy 27 for great bass recorder, oboe and violin
Nirmali Fenn – A reaction in force for oboe
Chikage Imai – Crossboundary 2 <waveform> for tenor recorder
Louis Aguirre – Toque a Ochosi for solo amplified violin
First performance of these pieces will be in Barcellona P.G. the 17th of June 2017 at 8:00 pm.
The event will be broadcast live via facebook, so we invite you to subscribe to Diaphonia Edizioni Facebook page to follow it.
Considering the number and the high artistic value of received score the jury decided to award a prize to the following pieces
1. Lillie Harris – Dormientes Bestia for great bass recorder and elettronic
2. Ailìs Nì Rìain – Soundless for violin, oboe and tenor recorder
3. Lorenzo Di Vora – Nel mondo di un solo colore for violin
4. Sina Fallahzadeh – Oxus for violin
5. Paolo Geminiani – From gesture to sound for soprano recorder, oboe and violin
6. Alexandros Georgiadis – Quiet for recorder, oboe and violin
7. Daniel Grantham - Enact direct escape for violin, oboe and recorder
8. Carlos Hernandez – Moirai for violin and elettronic
9. Takuya Imahori – Lago ondeggiante nel vento for oboe and reverber device
10. Gaetano Lorandi – Uno spicchio di luna si sfoglia nei tuoi occhi for solo violin
11. Mark Yeats – Observation 1.8 for bass recorder, oboe and violin
12. Morgan Krauss - A standstill sick with rapid faults for violin
13. Oktawia Paczkowska – Reconfiguretions for recorder and elettronic
14. Sebastian Elikowski-Winkler – Wassermusik for violin, english horn and contrabass recorder in C
15.Aida Shirazi - One Day The Bird Will Be Free for violin
These scores will be published and performed in future concert by XelmYa+ trio.
Diaphonia Edizioni, in collaboration with trio XelmYa+, is proud to organize a Call for score .
Selected scores will be performed by trio XelmYa+ (Alexa Renger – violin, Friederike Börnchen -oboe/cor anglais, Sylvia Hinz – recorders) during two concerts in Italy and Germany and will be published by Diaphonia Edizioni.
1. The Call for score is open to all composers regardless age or nationality.
2. Score(s) must be written for any combination (from solo to trio) of following instruments:
- recorder (sopranino - soprano - alto - tenor - bass -great bass - double-bass)
- oboe / cor anglais
Electronic could be used but not live.
3. Composition(s) should be 4-12 minutes in length.
4. Composition(s) could be alredy performed but not published.
5. Multiple submissions are possible. We request a fee of €20 for the first score and €15 for thenext.
6. Documents to partecipate:
- A .doc file where will be written the name, nationality, address, e-mail, a short descirption of composition(s) and finally the consent to processing of personal data according the italian law (you may use this formula: “In compliance with the Italian legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30/06/2003, I hereby authorize you to use and process my personal details contained in this document.” with signature)
- A recent photo (in high definition) and a short bio (in english and/or in italian)
- The score(s), only in PDF.
- A copy of the receipt of payment
- The electronic audio file (if used) in wave stereo, sr 44.100, 16 bit format.
- An audio recording of the score(s) (not mandatory, no midi).
7.Checking account where accredit the entry fee is :
payable to Diaphonia Società cooperativa, via Maroncelli 46, Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto (ME) 98051 – Italia.
or via PayPal at link paypal.me/diaphonia
8. Submission deadline is 25th of May 2017.
9. The jury, composed by members from Diaphonia Edizioni and by performers from the ensemble, will evaluate and choose a variable number of scores riceived. The winners will be informed by mail and will be sent a contract proposal by 01/06/2017. Some scores may be published also if it will be no winning.
10. The composers , whose works were chosen, are welcome at concerts but their presence is not mandatory. Each composer will arrange for accomodation.
11. The artistic committee of Diaphonia Edizioni should be able to choose a composer, among the winners, who will be request a new work for its recording production.